Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 2: How I Did

Week 2 was another mixed performance for me in the world of fantasy football.  My fantasy team put up a lot more points and would have given me a win against almost anyone in my league this week, unfortunately not the team I played.  I bounced back with my football picks to put myself in first place in my pick'em league, and I remain alive in my survival league.

Fantasy Footbal - Critical Values

Loss- NY Foot Soldiers 97 - The Cores 124
All of my wide receivers had strong outings, including the ones on my bench, which is reassuring after my week 1 struggles at the position.  Aaron Rodgers was also great, and Chris Cooley is looking like one of the best fantasy tight ends right now.  Unfortunately, my running backs, particularly Maurice Jones-Drew, let me down.  I hope he won't be plagued by injuries all season long.  I need him to succeed.

Matchup:































League Standings:



Pick'em - Positive Predictive Values

11-5 (Win)
Big come back from me here.  Week 1 is always the most difficult for picking games because you don't really know what to expect.  My performance in week two brought me from last place (two points behind the leaders) to first place, and gave me a win which helps my tie-breaker status at the end of the season.  If I keep picking like this, I can start to move ahead of the pack!

League Standings:





















Survival - Negative Selection

Alive
Picking against the Bills carried me through another week of survival football with ease.  Another team fell out of the running this week, and yet another narrowly escaped disaster when Houston defeated the Redskins in overtime.  I'm a little disappointed that I already used up the Packers, but there's a lot more teams to lean on, and some surprise powerhouses are still just making themselves known.

League Standings:

No comments:

Post a Comment