Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 1: Matchup

Here is my starting lineup and matchup for week 1.  I'm feeling pretty confident going up against the current league champion, but he's the clear strength in his division.

I can't say that I'm happy playing the Philadelphia defense against the Packers, especially with Aaron Rodgers as my quarterback, but I don't have a backup defense and I can't afford to drop anyone from my roster until I spot some dead weight.

I will keep an eye on Santana Moss and Dez Bryant to see who becomes the more consistent WR3.  Meanwhile, Mike Williams will have to show me something in the first 2-3 weeks to stay on my roster.

My Matchup:






































MY Bench:

QB: Chad Henne (Mia) vs. Buffalo
This is an easy matchup for Henne, and I expect him to do well with new toy Brandon Marshall, but Aaron Rodgers is the clear starter.  I will watch this investment, hoping for some signs of keeper potential.

WR: Dez Bryant (Dal) vs. Washington
I expect Bryant to eventually work his way into being a main weapon of this offense, but not in week 1, and not after being injured for most of the preseason.  Moss is the safer play this week.

WR: Mike Williams (TB) vs. Cleveland
As a free agent acquisition, Williams is my deep sleeper wide receiver.  He will have to show me something early, or I will drop him for another talented free agent.

RB: Felix Jones (Dal) vs. Washington
Jones' value will depend on how many shares of the carries he gets in Dallas.  I hope he proves to be dependable because he's my stand-in for byes right now, and my insurance policy for Ronnie Brown.

RB: Carnell Williams (TB) vs. Cleveland
Williams potential rests on the fact that he's the guy right now in Tampa with Derrick Ward out of the picture, but he may not have the explosiveness to take advantage.  He may prove to be dependable, or he may be replaced before the season is over.

TE: Owen Daniels (Hou) vs. Indianapolis
Most weeks, Daniels would be my starter, but word is that he will be limited in the season opener, still recovering from knee surgery.  Cooley is a solid stand-in, but I want Daniels to be 100% for week 2.

Other Matchups:

Innane Immunity (0-0) vs. MOD (0-0)
Revis Islanders* (0-0) vs. Sicker Jets D (0-0)
Stat Attack (0-0) vs. taco trali (0-0)
Trojans!* (0-0) vs. The Cores (0-0)
Philly Chromosomes (0-0) vs. Currently Nameless (0-0)

*My Division Rivals

1 comment:

  1. Adrian Peterson scored 9 fantasy points for HgbAC tonight. Having weathered that storm pretty well, I'm feeling more confident about this matchup.

    ReplyDelete